2. Not about us
Scripture: Luke 12:22-34, 2 Corinthians 4
Anxiety and the things of this world often consume our lives. This world tells us to constantly focus on ourselves: how we feel, what we need, what makes us happy. Yet the Scriptures constantly remind us that it is not about us. We don’t need to worry because our power comes from God. We matter because we are children of God, and our focus should not be on ourselves, but on our creator.
- What makes you anxious? Why?
- Do you really think God will take care of you?
- What causes you to lose heart?
- What do you think is the “god” of our age?
- What does Paul mean when he tells us to fix our eyes on what is unseen instead of what is seen?
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God…We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.” —Marianne Williamson