Transformed & Transforming
Live and love like Jesus.
"Transformed & Transforming: Radically Following Christ in Mission Together" is the RCA's 15-year strategy for mission and ministry. Adopted in 2013, it's our commitment to:
- Cultivate transformation in Christ
- Equip emerging leaders of today and tomorrow
- Engage in Christ's kingdom mission
As the RCA continues to gain clarity around living out Transformed & Transforming, many of you have asked, What's next? What does this mean for me? How can we be involved?
Here are some resources to help answer those questions:
- The story of how Transformed & Transforming came to be ("Transformed & Transforming: A Denomination-wide Journey of Prayer and Discernment" and the Transformed and Transforming video above).
- Explore and Engage: a discussion guide and prayer experience that's the starting point for congregations to dive into Transformed & Transforming
- Explorando y Participando: Experiencias para ayudar a las congregaciones de la RCA dar el siguente paso con Transformado y Transformando.
- Explore and Engage in Korean.
- "Explore," a discussion guide to introduce your congregation to the new 15-year vision for the RCA. This experience can be led by congregational leaders and with consistories, leadership teams, or the congregation as a whole. It can be completed in approximately two hours.
- "Engage," an experience of prayer, discernment, and obedient engagement. Upon completion of "Explore," you may want to move through "Engage" to begin to discern how God might be calling you and the congregation you serve to further live out Transformed and Transforming in your context. This process can be completed in 90 minutes.
- Transformed & Transforming Initiatives—opportunities for engaging Transformed and Transforming as a congregation, learning from and with other congregations.
To help engage in launching Transformed & Transforming, there are three additional resources:
- Three devotions that consistories and classes can use to help introduce the Transformed & Transforming ministry and mission priorities. (Each devotion includes a prayer that would also be appropriate for a worship service or study group.)
- Three litanies related to Transformed & Transforming.
- Reflection questions that can be adapted to guide Transformed & Transforming discussions.