RCA Women's Transformation and Leadership is committed to:
- Helping the RCA pursue a vision for the full inclusion of the gifts and influence of women in the life of the Reformed Church in America.
- Working within the Transformed and Transforming strategic goals and initiatives to equip congregations to recognize the gifts that women bring and to help congregations design ways to ensure the gifts of women are being used in the life, ministry, and mission of the church.
- Cultivating, empowering, and equipping women who are established and emerging leaders.
- Developing multi-dimensional coaching and mentoring opportunities for women.
- Creating open, supportive communication between all women across the RCA via social media and seasonal in-person gatherings focused on transformation and growth.
- Honoring, learning from, and building upon the rich legacy of women in the RCA.
- Ensuring that all women are represented in all areas of the Reformed Church in America, helping to educate and shape culture so that women’s presence and leadership becomes normative.
- Collaborating with the Commission for Women.
- Sharing our stories, wisdom, and creativity to inspire and encourage one another.
- Praying for and with each other as we move forward, led by the Holy Spirit, to live into all that God is calling us to be.
For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart. —Jeremiah 29:11-13
For more information, contact Liz Testa, coordinator for women’s transformation and leadership.
Events for Women in the RCA
Save the dates
December 12, 2018
Building God’s Church Together Learning Event
February 16, 2019
ReNew Community Church
People throughout the Reformed Church in America have been exploring what it means for women and men to flourish in ministry...together! In partnership with the Classes of Central Iowa and Pleasant Prairie, we invite you to join us in Ames, Iowa, on Saturday, February 15, 2019, for this day-long workshop in a retreat-like setting. We will share the joys and challenges of partnering in ministry with someone of a different gender than you. Explore scripture, hear stories, identify your current realities, and imagine new pathways that can result in greater flourishing for women and men as they partner together in your ministry context. Local leaders will be joined by Dr. Rob Dixon, Rev. April Fiet, Ms. Lesley Mazzotta, and Rev. Liz Testa for an interactive, Spirit-led day of transformation and growth. Stay tuned for registration details coming soon.