Explore the Holy Land
Wednesday, November 6–Sunday, November 17, 2019
Cost: $3,750 per person and flight out of New York, JFK
Join us in a unique opportunity for women and men, clergy and laity to explore the Holy Land and bring to life the transformative stories of women, past and present. .
Travel with others from across the RCA and receive the gift of relationship created through shared experience.
- Explore—with your feet, your eyes, your heart, and your imagination—the culture and circumstances experienced by women of the Bible. Enrich your understanding of the Bible by experiencing biblical and historical sites for yourself:
- Caesarea Maritima, a magnificent port built by King Herod.
- Capernaum, Mount Arbel overlooking the Sea of Galilee, the Mount of Beatitudes, the Church of the Multiplication, and the Church of the Primacy of St. Peter.
- The Mount of Olives churches and the Kidron Valley.
- The Church of the Resurrection, built on the site of Jesus’ crucifixion, burial, and resurrection.
- The Sea of Galilee and the Jordan River.
- The Israel Museum and its displays of biblical artifacts. Enhance your understanding of the current political situation in Israel and Palestine,particularly as they affect women and children.
We will visit:
- The Temple Mount (Jewish) and Al-Haram esh Sharif (“the noble sanctuary,” Muslim), the site where the Jewish temples once stood and now home to the Dome of the Rock.
- Yad Vashem, a Holocaust memorial.
- Ramallah, a major Palestinian city, where you will hear from Sam Bahour, a Palestinian entrepreneur.
- East Jerusalem.
- Tent of Nations, the home and farm of a Palestinian family working to keep their land located near Bethlehem.
- Military Court Watch.
View/print the brochure here.
The application form can be found here. Deadline to register is May 1, 2019