Grow your leadership gifts in community
Leadership does not happen in isolation. It involves followers. Jesus himself had 12 disciples, as well as crowds of 4,000 and 5,000 who were part of his ministry on earth.
Leadership development does not happen in isolation either. It requires community, connection, collaboration, and commitment. It means embarking on a journey with others who can help encourage, equip and empower you in your growth as a leader.
The Women’s Transformation & Leadership (WTL) She is Called Leadership Collaborative (LC) is a gathering of eight to twelve women clergy and lay leaders who commit to grow as spiritual leaders and use their ministry context as an environment for expanding their leadership capacity.
The Leadership Collaborative focuses on three significant areas:
- Personal leadership: At the heart of leadership is the ability to lead one’s own life. All leaders must first learn to lead themselves before leading others.
- Organizational leadership: Every leader must exercise the competencies of leadership. Leadership skills can be learned and developed as one grows as a leader in community.
- Multiplying leadership: The point is not to accumulate more followers but to develop more leaders. Leaders raise up other leaders, helping nurture their gifts and abilities to serve.
The She Is Called Leadership Collaborative process includes:
- Monthly video Zoom conference (2 hours each)
- Monthly peer coaching pairs/triads with outline provided (2-3 hours personal prep; 90 minutes of coaching)
- In Person Retreat (around month 6)
The She is Called Leadership Collaborative 12-month curriculum highlights the following:
- Month 1 Life focus: Where has God called you?
- Month 2 Beliefs and Values: How will you journey?
- Month 3 Priorities: Where will you focus your energy?
- Month 4 Relationships: Who will journey with you?
- Month 5 Accountability: What support do you need?
- Month 6 Transformation: How will you grow in Christ?
Self-care and Being a Female Leader
- Month 7 Trust: How can you fully put your trust in God?
- Month 8 Vision: Where is God leading you?
- Month 9 Embracing Change: Where is God inspiring change?
- Month 10 The Current Reality: How do you support and empower leaders?
- Month 11 Delivery Systems: How can you develop and build new leaders?
- Month 12 LC Journey in Review: A look back to go forward!
"Therefore encourage one another and build up each other, as indeed you are doing."
—1 Thessalonians 5:11
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect."